All About the EXCPT
Give yourself the upperhand on the exam by taking advantage of this masterclass
This masterclass will not only give you real life experience on taking the exams, but they give you a great idea of the content that you will need to know for the exams prior to investing your money on the actual exam.
What does ExCPT even stand for?
ExCPT stands for exam for the certification of pharmacy technicians. Now let’s briefly go into the difference between the ExCPT and the PTCB Exam.
ExCPT exam passing score = 70+ out of 100
Is the ExCPT exam hard?
The ExCPT exam has a much higher passing rate than the PTCB exam. So compared to the PTCB exam it is much easier.
How many questions are on the ExCPT Exam?
The exam has 110 questions, and 10 pretest questions
ExCPT exam cost = $115
How long is the ExCPT Exam? = Exam time: 2 hours
ExCPT phone number – (800) 211-2754
How Soon Will I Get My Scores?
Surprisingly your exam will be scored the minute you send it in as completed. When you complete your exam you will be given an official score on whether you passed the exam or not.
Your preliminary score will be given immediately and your official scores will be received in 2 days.
What Should I Bring When Taking the ExCPT Exam?
- Testing will take place at a PSI Testing Center near you.
- You must present valid identification.
- Test must be completed in one continuous session
- Online Exam at your institution: bring a current government-issued photo ID.
- Paper Exam at your institution: bring a current government-issued photo ID and two number 2 pencils.
- Online Exam at PSI: bring a current government-issued photo ID. Please note: the name on your photo ID must match the name you are registered under exactly.
ExCPT Study Guide
Breakdown of ExCPT
52% Dispensing Process
- Medication order
- Third-party payers
- Preparing chemotherapy medications
- Extemporaneous compounding
- Storage requirements
- Record keeping
- Calibrating equipment
- Aseptic technique
25% Pharmacy Regulations & Technician Duties
- Controlled substance laws
- Inventory control
- Federal law
23% Drugs & Drug Therapy (Top 200 Drugs)
- Drug classification
- Dosage forms
- Adverse interactions
Pharmacy Technician Certification
The pharmacy technician certification is a good tool to have if you want to continue in the industry of pharmacy, and if you want the highest pay in the field.
There are many ways you can go about getting a pharmacy technician certification, see how here. When you get certified, of course, you get a “CPhT” behind your name, so enjoy!
Steps to becoming a CPhT:
- Check with State board of pharmacy to determine which exam your state will approve
- Make sure you meet the requirements to take the exam
- Study for the exam
- Apply for the exam
- Choose testing site and testing date
- Take the online practice test at home
- Prepare for your exam using your own personal study guide catered to your needs
What is your #1 goal right now?
If you’re looking to pass the PTCB & ExCPT exam, I have a free class that reveals The EXACT Process Students Use To Pass the PTCB Exam in 3 Months or Less Without Failing. Click here to check it out.
If you’re ready to work with me so I can help you pass the exam, go here.
Thanks for listening to The #AskPTLShow. I love to hear from our listeners! If you have questions you’d like me to answer on the show or topics you’d like me to cover, contact me at email@example.com.
Be sure to check out other episodes, get more free content and learn more about me at http://pharmacytechlessons.com
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and share on Facebook.